The Aulani Resort Story
Walt Disney Imagineers worked hand in hand with local artisans and cultural experts to create Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Inspired by the natural wonders and rich traditions of Hawai‘i, Aulani Resort is the ultimate family getaway—celebrating the beauty, history and welcoming spirit of the island.
Local AreaAulani Resort is perfectly positioned on the beautiful beaches of Ko Olina on the leeward coast of O‘ahu.
The Resort sits on 21 oceanfront acres, nestled between verdant mountains and serene ocean waters. Here, you'll be removed from the crowds of Waikiki, yet close enough to enjoy the wonders of the island.
Ko Olina Resort Community & Marina
Aulani Resort is part of the Ko Olina Resort Community & Marina, which features:
- Spectacular beaches and serene lagoons
- A championship golf course
- Shopping and dining venues
- Water sports, like snorkeling, sports fishing and more
Amenities are subject to change.
The Ko Olina Area
"Ko Olina" means "Place of Joy." Part of an original royal land division, Ko Olina was once a sacred area for Hawaiian monarchs and leaders to rest and unwind. Today, the area is an inviting vacation destination for those seeking relaxation.
Aulani Resort is perfectly positioned on the beautiful beaches of Ko Olina on the leeward coast of O‘ahu.
Cultural Connection“Aulani” means “messenger of a chief.” Here, you'll discover the legends of the Hawaiian islands.
Imaginatively designed to embrace time-honored traditions, Aulani Resort offers an array of Hawaiian-inspired experiences, including:
- Contemporary Hawaiian art and design throughout the Resort
- World-class entertainment, including fireside storytelling, movie nights under the stars and visits from Disney Characters
- Hawaiian activities and crafts, including hula and lei-making classes
- Island excursions, from surf lessons to hiking and more
Activities are subject to change.
“Aulani” means “messenger of a chief.” Here, you'll discover the legends of the Hawaiian islands.
Resort HistoryAulani Resort opened in August 2011. A major expansion project was completed in fall 2013, offering families even more to enjoy!
Resort HighlightsExplore an array of unparalleled Resort amenities and features.
- Rooms & Suites: 351 hotel rooms, including 16 suites
- Villas: 481 Disney Vacation Club units, including 19 Grand Villas
- Dining: 2 restaurants, 3 lounges and several quick-service dining venues
- Laniwai – A Disney Spa
- Fitness center
- Aunty's Beach House kids club
- Pools, waterslides and more
Amenities are subject to change.
Explore an array of unparalleled Resort amenities and features.
DISNEY VACATION CLUB VILLASDisney Vacation Club Members and their families enjoy the comforts of home while staying in the heart of paradise. Whatever your family vacation needs, you'll find a Disney Vacation Club Villa that's a perfect fit for your stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai'i—or at any other Disney Vacation Club Resorts located at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach, Florida.
Members can choose from spacious 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas at Aulani Resort that provide amenities and comforts that include:
- Separate bedrooms that offer privacy
- A full kitchen so you can enjoy light meals and snacks in the comfort of your own accommodations
- Spacious living and dining areas where your family can reconnect
- A washer and dryer so you can travel lighter and save on airline baggage feel
Discover the flexibility of a Disney Vacation Club Membership and how it can be a more cost effective way for you and your family to vacation amid the magic of Disney year after year.
Disney Vacation Club Members and their families enjoy the comforts of home while staying in the heart of paradise.