Farm to Forest
Between Makai and Mauka – “Ocean” and “Mountain”Delight in an inland journey, led by an interpretive guide who will entertain you with fun facts and stories about nature, culture and the history of the sites you visit. Learn how Hawai‘i is on the cutting-edge of agriculture as you take in the splendor of the farmland, with stops that include 2 surprise locations not open to the public.
On this adventure, you will…
Delight in an inland journey, led by an interpretive guide who will entertain you with fun facts and stories about nature, culture and the history of the sites you visit.
- Depart from Aulani Resort in a Mercedes Sprinter Van.
- Visit Kū'īlioloa Heiau, an ancient Hawaiian temple, and learn its significance in the Hawaiian kapu system of law.
- Delight in exclusive access to Pālehua, a private forest nestled in the Waianae range above Aulani Resort.
- Enjoy exclusive access to MA‘O Organic Farms, which practices modern community-based farming and supports educational opportunities for youth—while providing high-quality produce for the island’s hottest chefs.
- Tour the fields of MA‘O Organic Farms as well as the packing and shipping facility.
- Savor a farm-to-fork lunch featuring local produce from MA’O Organic Farms either at a café near the farm or—on Saturdays and holidays—at the farm itself.
- Hike the uplands of Waianae and be thrilled by breathtaking views of Pearl Harbor, Honolulu and Diamond Head.
Know Before You GoView important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- Walks on this tour vary in length from .5 mile (.8 kilometers) to 1 mile (1.6 kilometers).
- This is a moderate-level walk, with some uneven terrain.
- Guests of all ages are welcome.
- An exclusive-access property fee, lunch, water, walking staffs, daypacks and raingear are included in this tour.
- Physical restrictions: Guests on this tour should have no physical challenges and need to be able to walk short distances of .5 mile (.8 kilometers) to 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) on uneven and rocky terrain.
- Lunch features greens from MA’O Organic Farms and hapa rice with your choice of huli huli chicken, kalua pork or kalbi short ribs. A seasonal MA’O Organic Farms salad bowl is also available (GF, V).
- Guests should wear closed-toed, comfortable walking shoes.
- Guests may want to bring a light jacket, because it can be foggy and misty in the mountains.
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers per van.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.