- Rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts leading up to your planned stay. View important details.
- Effective Sept. 13, 2021, all Aulani Resort food & beverage outlets, including quick service and takeaway, will be restricted to resort guests only. Per City & County of Honolulu guidelines, we will require proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours for all guests ages 12 and older dining on property.
Starting from $174.07
- Sightseeing, Hiking, Climbing
- 5:00 AM – 12:30 PM Hawaiian Time
- All Ages
On Top of the WorldDelight in panoramic views of O’ahu from stunning cliff lookouts and tropical mountain forests—while uncovering rich Hawaiian history.
On this adventure, you will…
Delight in panoramic views of O’ahu from stunning cliff lookouts and tropical mountain forests—while uncovering rich Hawaiian history.
- Depart from Aulani Resort in a van at 5:20 AM.
- Reach the summit of the iconic crater Diamond Head, which offers a panoramic view of Honolulu including Waikiki and O’ahu’s South Shore. Known as “Leahi” in Hawaiian, this storied place was formed over 100,000 years ago and is abundant with geological and cultural history.
- Enjoy a picnic breakfast featuring island-style smoothies, fresh-cut pineapple and more.
- Journey up the Pali Highway to Nu'uanu Pali where the Battle of Nu'uanu was fought, uniting O’ahu under King Kamehameha I. Take in the breathtaking view of O’ahu’s Windward Coast, which includes the stunning Ko’olau Range—a designated National Natural Landmark that covers approximately 570 acres.
- Stroll in the Mānoa Valley among exotic plants at the Lyon Arboretum, which serves as a living outdoor laboratory with 194 acres boasting over 5,000 tropical plant species.
Know Before You GoView important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- Physical Restrictions: Guests on this tour should have no physical challenges. They need to be able to hike up steep, paved walkways and numerous stairs with an elevation gain of 700 feet (213 meters) in 0.80 miles (1,287 kilometers).
- The hike up Diamond Head is 1.6 miles (2,575 kilometers), with an elevation gain of 700 feet (213 meters). This is a moderate-level hike that includes paved surfaces, steep stairs and short sections of enclosed tunnels.
- Guests of all ages are welcome.
- Entry fees, breakfast, daypacks, walking staffs, snacks and water are included.
- Breakfast includes an island-style breakfast burrito, banana-poi bread, island-fruit smoothie, fresh-cut pineapple and coffee.
- Guests should wear closed-toed, comfortable walking shoes.
- Guests may want to bring a light jacket, because it can be foggy and misty in the mountains.
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers per van.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.