Huaka‘i Iki – The Little Hiking Adventure
Starting from $102.45
Taxes & Fees Included
- Nature, Sightseeing, Hiking
- 4 Hours
- 10 and Up
Connect with the ‘āina, combing through the hidden, exclusive trails of Waimea Valley.
A Walk Deep into ParadiseHike the rugged rainforest paths of one of the most sacred places in Hawai‘i, on a “little adventure” with a big impact.
On this adventure you will…
- Arrange for transportation to the North Shore Marketplace, located at 66-250 Kamehameha Highway in Haleiwa town. Look for the off-road vehicle near the Aloha General Store.
- Check in at the North Shore Marketplace. Please report to the Haleiwa pick-up site no later than 8:50 AM, 10 minutes before the tour's start.
- Meet your expert guide for a 7-mile off-road ride to the trailhead.
- Begin your hike through unspoiled natural beauty rarely seen by O'ahu visitors. Scale wind-swept ridges, forge freshwater streams and trek through verdant tropical valleys. Observe scented gingers and other spectacular rainforest plants, such as guava, scented ginger and bamboo thickets. Revel in Hawai‘i's fascinating history, culture and ancient mythology.
- Swim in a private mountain pool, and enjoy a gourmet lunch amongst the flora and fauna.
For our hiking tours, we serve light and refreshing lunches that are eaten on the trail. They feature Vietnamese style summer rolls—cold wraps in rice paper with rice noodles, lettuce and veggies—with a choice of either chicken, shrimp or tofu.Hike the rugged rainforest paths of one of the most sacred places in Hawai‘i, on a “little adventure” with a big impact.
Know Before You GoView important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- Guests are responsible for arranging their own transportation to the North Shore Marketplace.
- Excursion operators are independent contractors that are not agents of—nor supervised or controlled by—Disney.
- Guests must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Bring personal medication, if applicable.
- Guests are encouraged to bring swimwear, a camera, towel, “slippahs” (flip-flops) or water shoes/reef walkers, snacks, a light jacket, sunglasses and a hat.
- Although the trail is safe, please remember it is an actual mountain trail. Hikers can expect exposure to rain, sunshine, wind and/or high humidity. Trail conditions include slippery stream crossings, loose gravel, slick mud and cliffy sections.
- The trail has an elevation gain of 200 feet, so all hikers must be able to traverse uphill and downhill.
- The adventure is not suitable for elderly people or those with hip and/or knee ailments, vertigo or an extreme fear of heights.
- As there are many stream crossings, you will get wet. Prepare for wet clothes and shoes, and be mindful of personal electronics.
- As hike ratings are relative to a hiker's physical condition, please make sure no one in your party has any medical issues that may affect his/her ability to safely negotiate a mountain trail. Determine this before booking the excursion.
- All Guests are required to sign a waiver and release form prior to the start of their tour.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to participate.
- Please note that hiking tours require an off-road ride to the trail head. During rain and/or muddy conditions, riders can get dirty—please don't wear your favorite aloha shirt.
- For more details regarding this excursion, please contact Pleasant Activities at (808) 674-6320 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Hawai'i Time daily.