- Rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts leading up to your planned stay. View important details.
- Effective Sept. 13, 2021, all Aulani Resort food & beverage outlets, including quick service and takeaway, will be restricted to resort guests only. Per City & County of Honolulu guidelines, we will require proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours for all guests ages 12 and older dining on property.
Features of Rainbow ReefThe saltwater lagoon at Aulani Resort is home to thousands of tropical fish. Take the plunge and swim up close among the dazzling marine life or witness the wonders of the 3,800-square-foot reef through a viewing window. Snorkeling equipment is included with your entrance fee. It's free to watch—and take pictures—as friends and family snorkel. Please note: children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
DesignRainbow Reef features many wondrous and whimsical sights, including:
- Colorful marine life, like butterflyfish, angelfish, surgeonfish and tangs
- Hidden Menehune—the mysterious little people of the Islands
- Artistic carvings in the rocks
Conveniently located in the middle of the Waikolohe Valley pool area, Rainbow Reef is mere moments from your room.
To reflect the cool natural habitat of its fish, the waters of Rainbow Reef are approximately 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
Activities and PricesExplore the different activities offered at Rainbow Reef at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i.
Enjoy an up-close look at tropical fish. You'll be equipped with a life vest, mask and snorkel set.
Prices vary and are subject to change:
- One-Day Access: $25 per adult (ages 10 and up); $20 per child (ages 9 and under)
- Length-of-Stay Access: $45 per adult (ages 10 and up); $35 per child (ages 9 and under)
Guests ages 8 and up can embark on a one-on-one, underwater tour with a knowledgeable aquarist who will share fascinating facts about the fish. You'll be equipped with a regulator and gear to help you float. Advance registration is required at Rainbow Reef Rentals.
The SAS experience is $45 per person. Prices are subject to change.
Underwater Explorers This 2-hour scuba-diving lesson is taught by a minimum of 2 dive instructors. Guests can learn the basics of scuba diving and safety procedures—and then perform the skills they’ve learned, followed by a free swim. Reservations are required and fees apply.
The Underwater Explorers experience is $189.00 per person (ages 10 and up), not including tax. Prices are subject to change.
For details, visit Underwater Explorers.
Fish Are Friends
Children ages 3 to 12 can enjoy an inside look at how the animal specialists train, feed and care for the marine life at Rainbow Reef. This 3-hour Premium Experience is offered through Aunty's Beach House. Reservations are required and fees apply.
For details, visit Aunty's Beach House.
Explore the different activities offered at Rainbow Reef at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i.
Know Before You GoView important information about pool policies, accessibility, wristbands and towels.
Policies for Rainbow Reef
- To provide equal access for all Guests, seating is limited to one lounge chair per guest and reserving chairs is not permitted. Prior to 8 a.m., guests must be actively using their chairs.
- Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- To use Rainbow Reef, you should be able to swim freely on your own, though you will be wearing a life jacket and approved snorkeling mask at all times. Snorkeling experience is recommended.
- You should be in good health and free from heart conditions, seizures or other conditions that may be aggravated by this experience.
- You must wear an approved mask and snorkel, which are available at Rainbow Reef Rentals.
- Rainbow Reef has a minimum depth of 3 feet and maximum depth of 8 feet.
- Upon arrival at the Resort, please check for the most up-to-date list of policies.
- This pool area is equipped with a pool lift to assist Guests in transferring in and out of the water.
- Guests must be able to be transported from the chair into the lift unassisted, or with the assistance of a member of their travel party.
Wristbands and Towels
- You must wear a wristband to use the pools, pool chairs and beach chairs at Aulani Resort. A new wristband is required each day.
- Wristbands are only given to those staying at Aulani Resort. Your daily allocation of wristbands is based on the number of Guests in your travel party, and cannot exceed the maximum occupancy for your specific room type.
- To receive your daily wristband, please present your room key at any towel station in the Waikolohe Valley pool area.
- For pool towels, visit a towel station and show your valid wristband. Please do not bring room towels to the pool.
View important information about pool policies, accessibility, wristbands and towels.