Huaka‘i Nui – The Big Hiking Adventure
Starting from $118.64
Taxes & Fees Included
- Nature, Sightseeing, Hiking
- 6 Hours
- 10 and Up
Discover a special Ko‘olau Mountain trail where tropical flowers and fruits flourish.
Stream SequenceAccess the misty Ko‘olau Mountain Range, exploring its lush vegetation and wetting your feet in its chilly streams.
On this adventure you will…
- Check in at the North Shore Marketplace, located at 66-250 Kamehameha Hwy. in Hale'iwa town. Look for the off-road vehicle near the Aloha General Store. Please report to the Hale'iwa pick-up site no later than 8:50 AM, 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Experience the Ko'olau mountains from a valley of unparalleled beauty. You will see exquisite freshwater pools and the best mountain swimming on the island! The 3.5-mile trail includes 10 stream crossings and an amazing array of tropical flowers and fruits—including wild tangerines, liliko'i (passion fruit), 'ōhi'a 'ai (mountain apple), mangoes, hau (sea hibiscus) and more. It is considered one of the most delightful intermediate/advanced hikes on O'ahu.
- Enjoy the islands through Hawaiian eyes as your expert guide shares the history, language, and mo'olelo (stories) of Hawai'i and its fascinating environment.
- Get your swimsuit on and strap up the hiking boots—after all, the wai (water) puts the Nui (big) into this adventure!
Guests will need to provide their own transportation to the North Shore
For our hiking tours, we serve light and refreshing lunches that are eaten on the trail. They feature Vietnamese style summer rolls—cold wraps in rice paper with rice noodles, lettuce and veggies—with a choice of either chicken, shrimp or tofu.Access the misty Ko‘olau Mountain Range, exploring its lush vegetation and wetting your feet in its chilly streams.
Know Before You GoView important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- Excursion operators are independent contractors that are not agents of—nor supervised or controlled by—Disney.
- Guests must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Bring personal medication, if applicable.
- Guests are encouraged to bring swimwear, a camera, towel, “slippahs” (flip-flops) or water shoes/reef walkers, snacks, a light jacket, sunglasses and a hat.
- Although the trail is safe, please remember it is an actual mountain trail. Hikers can expect exposure to rain, sunshine, wind and/or high humidity. Trail conditions include slippery stream crossings, loose gravel, slick mud and cliffy sections.
- The trail has an elevation gain of 200 feet, so all hikers must be able to traverse uphill and downhill.
- The adventure is not suitable for elderly people or those with hip and/or knee ailments, vertigo or an extreme fear of heights.
- As there are many stream crossings, you will get wet. Prepare for wet clothes and shoes, and be mindful of personal electronics.
- As hike ratings are relative to a hiker's physical condition, please make sure no one in your party has any medical issues that may affect his/her ability to safely negotiate a mountain trail. Determine this before booking the excursion.
- All Guests are required to sign a waiver and release form prior to the start of their tour.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to participate.
- Please note that hiking tours require an off-road ride to the trail head. During rain and/or muddy conditions, riders can get dirty—please don't wear your favorite aloha shirt.
- For more details regarding this excursion, please contact Pleasant Activities at (808) 674-6320 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Hawai'i Time daily.