One-Day Kaua‘i – Waimea Canyon & Fern Grotto Experience
Starting from $495.73
Taxes & Fees Included
- Nature, Sightseeing
- 15½ Hours
- 3 and Up
Sweeping Views and a River CruiseThe combination of spellbinding scenery and engaging history will immediately capture your heart.
On this adventure you will…
The combination of spellbinding scenery and engaging history will immediately capture your heart.
- Take an included, 25-minute interisland flight from Honolulu International Airport to Lihue Airport. Transfer to an air-conditioned minicoach.
- Travel a little more than an hour up a winding road, to the lookout at Waimea Canyon State Park. At 3,400 feet, you'll enjoy incomparable, panoramic views of the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”—the myriad colors that represent its diverse terrain of eroded volcanic rock and rain-rich vegetation.
- Leave the canyon, on the way to a lava rock cropping known as the Spouting Horn. The Horn is a natural salt water geyser that sprays plumes high into the air when the surf washes into a lava tube and is sucked upward through the coastal rock. The gush may reach as high as 60 feet, depending on the size of the waves.
- Proceed to picturesque Wailua River, where you'll board a river boat for a delightful cruise to Fern Grotto. The river has deep historic significance as the landing place of the first Polynesian migrants and the former home of Hawai‘i's royalty. The grotto is a natural amphitheater, with superb acoustics for the live bands that often perform there.
Know Before You GoView important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- Excursion operators are independent contractors that are not agents of—nor supervised or controlled by—Disney
- The riverboat is not wheelchair-accessible.
- We encourage Guests to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as well as a lightweight jacket.
- We recommend bringing a camera for numerous photo opportunities.
- There will be a stop for lunch, but Guests are responsible for their own meal.
- Due to airline availability, Guests must call Pleasant Activities at (808) 674-6320 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Hawai‘i Time daily in order to book this excursion.
- No transportation is provided from Aulani Disney Resort. Check in at the Hawaiian Airlines Terminal at the Honolulu International Airport.
- This tour is non-refundable and cannot be changed once tickets are issued.