- Rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts leading up to your planned stay. View important details.
- Effective Sept. 13, 2021, all Aulani Resort food & beverage outlets, including quick service and takeaway, will be restricted to resort guests only. Per City & County of Honolulu guidelines, we will require proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours for all guests ages 12 and older dining on property.
Ka Maka Grotto
Features of Ka Maka GrottoBoth day and night, Ka Maka Grotto offers enchantment for every member of your ‘ohana.
Designed with families in mind, this pool features:
- An infinity edge overlooking Ko Olina Beach—offering sweeping ocean views
- A misty grotto
- An after-dark experience with thousands of glittering lights
Ka Maka Landing
This pool is part of Ka Maka Landing, which offers additional enchantment, including:
- A whirlpool spa for families, overlooking the beach
- Keiki Cove Splash Zone, designed for kids ages 5 and under
Aulani Resort pools are heated year-round for your enjoyment. The waters of Ka Maka Grotto are approximately 82 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
As part of the Resort's LEED certification, pool temperatures are maintained using the heat generated by the HVAC units at Aulani Resort.
Both day and night, Ka Maka Grotto offers enchantment for every member of your ‘ohana.
Know Before You GoView important information about wristbands, towels, pool policies and accessibility.
Wristbands and Towels
- You must wear a wristband to use the pools, pool chairs and beach chairs at Aulani Resort. A new wristband is required each day.
- Wristbands are only given to those staying at Aulani Resort. Your daily allocation of wristbands is based on the number of Guests in your travel party, and cannot exceed the maximum occupancy for your specific room type.
- To receive your daily wristband, please present your room key at any towel station in the Waikolohe Valley pool area.
- For pool towels, visit a towel station and show your valid wristband. Please do not bring room towels to the pool.
- To provide equal access for all Guests, seating is limited to one lounge chair per guest and reserving chairs is not permitted. Prior to 8 a.m., guests must be actively using their chairs.
- Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- We highly recommend that small children wear life jackets while in the water. Complimentary life jackets are available (while supplies last) at our towel stations but must be returned each day before the towel station closes.
- You are welcome to come and go from your chair as you enjoy the Waikolohe Valley pool area. However, if belongings are left unattended for more than one hour, they will be removed and stored at the closest towel station. At the end of the day, unclaimed items will be sent to Lost & Found.
- Upon arrival at the Resort, please check for the most up-to-date list of policies.
- Ball throwing is prohibited on all pool decks and in all pools throughout Aulani Resort & Spa.
- Swim diapers, life vests, water wings, infant inner tubes with seats, fun noodles and goggles are permitted in the pools, but please note the following:
On the pool deck:
- Coolers (unless for medical purposes)
- Wheeled items such as wagons, carts, skateboards and scooters.
- Alcoholic beverages (unless purchased at the Resort)
In the pool:
- Food and drinks
- Snorkels, fins, inner tubes without a bottom, kickboards, large flotation devices without net seats, mesh rings (except for infants), dive toys and water guns
View important information about wristbands, towels, pool policies and accessibility.
- This pool area is equipped with a pool lift to assist Guests in transferring in and out of the water.
- Guests must be able to be transported from the chair into the lift unassisted, or with the assistance of a member of their travel party.