Māka‘ika‘i, the Nature and Wildlife of Aulani Resort
This complimentary comprehensive walking tour highlights the beauty of the Hawaiian culture, landscaping, nature and wildlife at Aulani Resort. Enjoy an in-depth look at the one-of-a-kind environment that Walt Disney Imagineers created to reflect the rich tradition and beauty of the island.
There are tours for families to enjoy together—and tours for adults only.
Nature and Wildlife at Aulani Resort
When designing Aulani Resort, Walt Disney Imagineers studied the natural wonders of Hawai‘i. Using the local landscape as inspiration, they built a Resort that celebrates the nature and wildlife of the islands.
Beautifully designed with a balance between the manmade structures and natural surroundings, Aulani Resort draws its inspiration from the environment and design traditions of the islands. Resort highlights include:
- A lo‘i kalo (taro terrace) at the Resort entrance
- A rock outcropping that forms the lobby's foundation, anchoring the sleek porte-cochere that transitions to a flooring of coral and lava stone
- Waikolohe Valley, which features a broad canopy, flowering trees and a forest setting
- Natural elements used as finishing touches throughout the Resort, like coral and stones
- Beautiful birds and aquaculture—including colorful koi fish
Over time, the landscape will grow and mature—and Aulani Resort will become even more beautiful.
Note: The features listed above may or may not be shown on the tour.
When designing Aulani Resort, Walt Disney Imagineers studied the natural wonders of Hawai‘i.
Know Before You Go