Features of Underwater ExplorersUnderwater Explorers is the ideal experience for Guests who are not scuba-certified but want to try scuba diving. This 2-hour scuba-diving lesson is taught by a minimum of 2 dive instructors. Guests 10 years and older can learn the basics of scuba diving and safety procedures, and then practice the skills they’ve learned—followed by a free swim alongside schools of fish in exotic Rainbow Reef!
Guests who partake in the Underwater Explorers experience will receive:
- Use of mask, fins, and a wetsuit top for adults (shorty wetsuit for children) during program
- Water flask with program logo
- Rainbow Reef Fish ID card
- A video of your experience
Every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 4:15 PM to 6:15 PM Hawai‘i Time
Rainbow Reef—conveniently located in the middle of the Waikolohe Valley pool area
Approximately 77°F (25°C), reflecting the cool natural habitat of Rainbow Reef’s fish
$189.00 per person (ages 10 and up), not including tax
Make reservations for Underwater Explorers at (808) 674-6943. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Guests will need to download and fill out the medical form on the right to participate.*Underwater Explorers is the ideal experience for Guests who are not scuba-certified but want to try scuba diving.
Know Before You GoView important information about pool policies, accessibility, wristbands and towels.
Policies for Underwater Explorers
- Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- To participate in Underwater Explorers, you should be able to swim freely on your own, though you will be wearing a buoyancy compensator at all times.
- You should be in good health and free from heart conditions, seizures or other conditions that may be aggravated by this experience.
- You must wear the approved scuba-diving equipment provided for you.
- Rainbow Reef has a minimum depth of 3 feet and maximum depth of 9 feet.
- Upon arrival at the Resort, please check for the most up-to-date list of policies.
- Guest will need to download and fill out the medical form and be medically cleared prior to arrival in order to participate.
- Advance payment is not required, but please note: Guests will be charged the full cost for a No Show of a confirmed Underwater Explorers reservation or for a cancellation within 24 hours from the experience.
- This pool area is equipped with a pool lift to assist Guests in transferring in and out of the water.
- Guests must be able to be transported from the chair into the lift unassisted, or with the assistance of a member of their travel party.
Wristbands and Towels
View important information about pool policies, accessibility, wristbands and towels.
- You must wear a wristband to use the pools, pool chairs and beach chairs at Aulani Resort. A new wristband is required each day.
- Wristbands are only given to those staying at Aulani Resort. Your daily allocation of wristbands is based on the number of Guests in your travel party, and cannot exceed the maximum occupancy for your specific room type.
- To receive your daily wristband, please present your room key at any towel station in the Waikolohe Valley pool area.
- For pool towels, visit a towel station and show your valid wristband. Please do not bring room towels to the pool.