- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa has begun a phased reopening.
- Rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the Hawaii Tourism Authority website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts leading up to your planned stay. View important details.
Features of Waikolohe PoolWaikolohe is Hawaiian for “mischievous water”—and with its whimsical features, Waikolohe Pool lives up to its name.
This 8,200-square-foot, zero-entry pool offers something enticing for every member of your ‘ohana. Here, you can:
- Splash into fun with friends and family
- Lounge poolside—or float in the pool and let your cares drift away
- Plunge down Volcanic Vertical, the thrilling tunnel body slide
- Party poolside with some favorite Disney Characters at a signature celebration
- Enjoy one of our teens-only, tweens-only or all-ages themed parties
As part of the Resort's LEED certification, pool temperatures are maintained using the heat generated by the HVAC units at Aulani Resort.
Pool PartiesEnjoy interactive fun—like games, dancing and music—during high-energy parties at Waikolohe Pool.
While subject to change, pool parties might include:
Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party:
Join in the fun at a hip surf party that celebrates the popular local pastime. Here, you can:
- Learn about surf culture, from the fashion to the fascinating lingo
- Dance, play games and enjoy interactive activities
- Relax in a lounge chair
- Meet some favorite Disney Characters, who make appearances and even join the keiki in the pool for a splashing good time!
Note: For the most up-to-date information on pool parties, please refer to the daily Resort schedule, called the Daily ‘Iwa, upon arrival at the Resort.
Enjoy interactive fun—like games, dancing and music—during high-energy parties at Waikolohe Pool.
Know Before You GoView important information about wristbands, towels, pool policies and accessibility.
Wristbands and Towels
- You must wear a wristband to use the pools, pool chairs and beach chairs at Aulani Resort. A new wristband is required each day.
- Wristbands are given only to those staying at Aulani Resort. Your daily allocation of wristbands is based on the number of Guests in your travel party and cannot exceed the maximum occupancy for your specific room type.
- To receive your daily wristband, please present your room key at any towel station in the Waikolohe Valley pool area.
- For pool towels, visit a towel station and show your valid wristband. Please do not bring room towels to the pool.
- Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- We highly recommend that small children wear life jackets while in the water. Complimentary life jackets are available (while supplies last) at our towel stations but must be returned each day before the towel station closes.
- You are welcome to come and go from your chair as you enjoy the Waikolohe Valley pool area. However, if belongings are left unattended for more than one hour, they will be removed and stored at the closest towel station. At the end of the day, unclaimed items will be sent to Lost & Found.
- Upon arrival at the Resort, please check for the most up-to-date list of policies.
- Swim diapers, life vests, water wings, infant inner tubes with seats, fun noodles and goggles are permitted in the pools, but please note the following:
- Ball throwing is prohibited on all pool decks and in all pools throughout Aulani Resort & Spa.
On the pool deck:
- Coolers (unless for medical purposes)
- Wheeled items such as wagons, carts, skateboards and scooters.
- Alcoholic beverages (unless purchased at the Resort)
In the pool:
- Food and drinks
- Snorkels, fins, inner tubes without a bottom, kickboards, large flotation devices without net seats, mesh rings (except for infants), dive toys and water guns
View important information about wristbands, towels, pool policies and accessibility.
- For Guests using wheelchairs, Waikolohe Pool has zero-depth entry points, allowing Guests to roll right into the water. A water wheelchair is available for Guests to transfer into and use.
- This pool area is equipped with a pool lift to assist Guests in transferring in and out of the water.
- Guests must be able to be transported from the chair into the lift unassisted, or with the assistance of a member of their travel party.